Wednesday, May 13, 2009

All Partied Out

I love throwing parties. I love cooking for people, and entertaining, and visiting with them. I even like just sitting back and watching them enjoy themselves. If everyone leaves happy, I am pleased with my success.

Last night I helped my ward Relief Society have another successful party: our Mother-Daughter Night. We had a pasta bar with salad and breadsticks; and for dessert: chocolate cake with strawberries and cream. We had a short, but cute program: The younger girls did a short, little dance, and then there was an equally short fashion show followed by a very short spoken program. We had crafty-things to do: making bracelets and bath salts. Some of the ladies came in dress-ups. There was a lot of mingling and visiting—among about 70 people, and I think everyone really enjoyed themselves. It was a nice night.


But the planning of it, even though I was working with other people (or maybe because I was), was . . . mildly stressful. Planning began immediately after Easter (party one in this series). Then, the Mother-Daughter thing followed hard on the heels of Mother's Day (party two). And now I'm planning a birthday party for Kaylie this weekend (three) and a baby shower for my sister-in-law Becky for next weekend (four). I get a one-week break, and then it will be Kaylie's baptism (five) the following week, on June 6. I will get a short breather before the three parties of Father's Day weekend—Lindsey's birthday is on Father's Day, and Rachel's is the next day.

Yes, I do love planning and throwing parties. And I am still looking forward to the upcoming parties. Truly! But I think maybe, with so much happening in such a short time, I—yes, even I—will be getting just a little partied out.

5 comments:

Ben and Tami said...

My goodness, that is a lot, but lots of fun!

orangemily said...

Wow that's a lot of parties!
I sure had fun last night!

Stephanie said...

Wow, that's a lot of parities. Hope you can still have fun with them all, especially by the last one. :)

Kim said...

Sounds like our life from about Feb to May (Valentines, Twins' birthday, Mom, Susanne, Nora, Tara, David, Mother's Day, Ava).

I've found this site, though, which has been fun to use for unique party cakes and treats. I made the Hello Kitty Pops (Feb 2009) and the Cupcake Bites (Apr 2008) yesterday. Yum!

Kim said...

Ooops. The site is:
http://bakerella.blogspot.com/2009_02_01_archive.html