So, I thought I'd try to list the major events of our married years:
1st year, 1990: Well, we were newlyweds; how much better can it get?
2nd year, 1991: We were sealed in the Salt Lake Temple. Soon we were expecting our first baby.3rd year, 1992: We had our first baby, Michael!
4th year, 1993: My parents left on their mission to Portugal. We moved in with Bruce's Grandma White just weeks before Grandpa White died.5th year, 1994: Bruce graduated from SLCC with an Associate's Degree in communications and video production. We moved into my mom's house. I am expecting a second baby.
6th year, 1995: Jason is born! Mom and Dad return from Portugal. Bruce and I make a decision and a HUGE leap of faith and move to Tennessee so Bruce can get a Bachelor's Degree in audio engineering. Bruce's Grandpa Ward died.


8th year, 1997: More schooling. I am pregnant with baby number four.
9th year, 1998: Brandon is born! Bruce takes me on the Date of the Century. He graduates in December! We sell our trailer, pack up and move back home to Utah! Bruce's Grandma Ward died. I think maybe I might be pregnant again. (This was a big year!)
My Dad's a Grad!
10th year, 1999: Bruce gets a job as a sound engineer for Acclaim Entertainment, a video-game company. Ryan is born!
11th year, 2000: The world as we all know it does not come to an end. We buy our own, real, non-movable house! Bruce gets laid-off from Acclaim two days after we make our first house payment. He starts working nights for Fairchild Semiconductor while he looks for something better.12th year, 2001: We decide to home-school our kids. Kaylie is born! Bruce gets laid-off from Fairchild Semiconductor. He starts working for ARUP Laboratories.
13th year, 2002: Rachel is born—what a surprise she was!14th year, 2003: Jessica is born! (We really need to slow this down.)
15th year, 2004: Bruce starts in Primerica. We decide to send the kids back to public schools.
16th year, 2005: Bruce decides to work on his Primerica business full-time; it's harder than we thought. Bruce's Grandma White died this year.
17th year, 2006: Life just goes on. Good and bad. I'm glad we are together. Bruce starts working as a substitute-teacher; he loves working with the little kids. We get our kids enrolled in charter schools—we like this MUCH better
than regular public school. 18th year, 2007: Bruce gets a long-term sub job that ends up lasting the entire year.19th year, 2008: Bruce teaches 1st grade on an alternate license this year. He loves the kids, and the kids and their parents love him. But we discover that he earned more as a long-term sub than he does as a full-time teacher. (Go figure!) We win, and lose, a trip to the Bahamas.
I guess we've had some ups and downs; all kinds of happinesses and all kinds of stresses. (Who doesn't?) But it is good, and we have continued to grow closer and closer. I love Bruce with all my heart, and he dotes on me so much it is almost silly. Our marriage is our safe, joyful place; the place we turn for peace, renewal, happiness, and sometimes just out-and-out silliness. We hear so
many people say that a marriage is hard work. We have never felt that way. If it is work, it is delightful work. What can be better than having your very best friend to tell everything to every night, and to wake up with every morning; to work and play with every day? I am so glad that we will be together forever!What will the 20th year, 2009, bring?

2 comments:
Congrats on your 19th anniversary! We love you!
:)yay!! enjoy all your years, this one too!!!!
Post a Comment