My parents tiled their diningroom and kitchen a few years ago (that's not news!). It was maybe as many as ten years ago. Anyway, Mom has lots of extra tiles and said I could have them for my fireplace! How's that for cool? So in a few weeks I'm really going to do it—I'm going to tear out my fireplace and redo it in tile. I'm waiting a few weeks because I still have to buy tile glue and grout, and probably some tile-board stuff for the wall.
I have a picture frame that I keep on the hearth. Right now it holds a picture that I drew, but I want to exchange it for a picture of the Salt Lake Temple. So I went looking for a picture, but they are all the same ones you see in every LDS house. Well, unless I want to pay a fortune for a cool painting—which I don't.
About a week (or so) ago I was looking through pictures we have stashed away on our computer and I found these temple pictures that Bruce took a few years ago. I think one of them might do nicely.

Salt Lake Temple, at night

Salt Lake Temple, at sunset
What do you think— which one do you like best? Should I use one of these in my living room?

3 comments:
I think you should use both. Put them back-to-back in the same frame. Show one during the day, then flip it over to the night picture in the evening. Wouldn't THAT be cool!
I like them both but I think you should use the sunset one. Maybe. I think I might just have to agree with dad. Use both.
I also like them both. My first thought was the one at night; but now I just don't know.
Post a Comment