I have been searching for a swimsuit. Yes, in January, in Utah. You may wonder why . . .
Because my amazing, fantastic, incredibly handsome, and awesome husband won us a trip to the Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas!!

The Atlantis Resort
Bruce closed nearly $1.2 million in loans from June to November, and won the company trip. [Before you think we are all now just rolling in money, the commission he earns on loans is 0.44%. So if he closes $1.2 million in loans over six months, we earned $5,280 over that six months. NOT that I'm complaining. :-) ]
We have never won a company contest/trip before, and didn't think we would this time. But in July, when Bruce looked up his numbers online and saw that he was number 76 on the "personal loan production" list, he decided that he would win that trip, and he worked hard at it. There are several categories he could have competed in, but Primerica is sending the top 20 loan-producers—and their spouses to the Bahamas in February. It was a very close contest, and by the end of November we weren't sure he'd made it. So when the winners' list came out in December with Bruce placing at number 13 we were pretty darn thrilled! We'll be there, in the sun, February 16-19. :-)
But now I need a swimsuit. I don't have one; and how can you spend four days in the Bahamas without swimwear?! Well, being in Utah, it's not exactly easy to find swimwear in January (that starts showing up around the middle of February—when we'll be leaving). I did find some stuff in one store already, but decided I didn't really like what I saw upon looking in the mirrors. After all, I am looking for something cute, that doesn't make me look fat, and is comfortable to play in—in the water and out.

Obviously, this is out of the question.
So I looked around online instead. This is what I found:
The Miracle Suit, claiming to trim off ten pounds in ten seconds. Sounds very appealing! But I wonder, if the suit trims all the covered areas so well, then do your thighs end up looking like toothpaste squeezed out from the leg openings? (Especially my blinding, white legs?)

The Miracle Suit
Then there's Ohana Swimwear. I favor this one. I wouldn't mind all the covering up; but I'm a little worried that it will make my short legs look even shorter.
Ohana Swimwear
If you are interested in being modest, and well-covered, you might try these bathing suits (bathing dresses?) from Modest Swimwear Solutions. While I think this is darling beach-wear, I'm not sure about going for a swim in it.
Modest Swimwear Solutions
But, best of all was this very controversial suit from Wholesome Wear. I actually found these suits through some blog—which received a surprising number of interesting comments. I don't know . . . it's pretty racy!
Wholesome Wear
So, which one do you like best?
p.s. For some curious reading, check out some of the comments on that blog I mentioned (just click the link). Wow!

5 comments:
What a fabulous prize to win. Way to go Bruce!! And how lucky for you. Just after Valentines day, how romatic! I'm going to have green eyes for a week.
You have some choice ahead of you. I agree about the miracle suit, but with the Ohana suit I personally would worry about dipples showing in the thigh area.
The modest suit is cute, but your right, swimming in it? Just so you know there is nothing wrong with picking the wholesome suit.;) Out of the ones you showed I would go with the Ohana suit.
I hope you have tons of fun. Take lots of pictures to share on your blog.
well i like the Ohana Suit. But I also like the other one I don't remember the name, the one with the person who is in the pink one. I think the one wwith the skirt is cute but you won't be able to swim in it. Your chioce though! Have fun no matter what suit you choose!!! ;)
Ooooh Congratulations! I've had friends visit that resort and they say it is WONDERFUL! You deserve it!
I've worn a miraclesuit, and it does what it says. Just be prepared for a snug fit (and it will feel snug).
There are lots of swim skirts out there that are a little less...um...Quaker?
Try landsend.com
http://www.landsend.com/ix/womens-clothing/Women/Swimsuits/Collection=Slenderizers/index.html?seq=1~2~3~4&catNumbers=83~134&visible=1~2~1~1&store=le&sort=Recommended&pageSize=12&tab=2
The Swimmini comes highly recommended!
That is so exciting!! From the picture it looks like you'll be having a blast! I think I like the Ohana suit the best. The modest one is way cute also. I agree with Tami; whatever you choose - have a blast and take lots of pictures to share!
Wow-congratulations! A tropical vacation in February? The Atlantis was featured a while ago on some travel show I watched, and it looks absolutely fabulous! I hope you have a great time.
I was looking at JC Penney's website, and they have some very cute swimsuits that are modest. If you have them shipped to the store, there's no shipping charge, and you can try them on at the store and send them back immediately if they don't fit. BTW-did you hear? Sara is getting married! She says next summer-2010-but I'm starting to think that she wants to do it this year-ack! Give my love to the family!
Post a Comment