Anyone out there remember the Smurfs? I'm sorry about that. Well, there was a record album called Smurfing Sing-Song which had mostly a lot of dumb songs sung in Alvin and the Chipmunks-style. But there was one really cute song called You're a Pink Toothbrush, I'm a Blue Toothbrush.
You're a pink toothbrush, I'm a blue toothbrush
Have we met somewhere before?
You're a pink toothbrush and I think, toothbrush,
That we met by the bathroom door.
Glad to meet, toothbrush, such a sweet toothbrush
How you thrill me through and through
Don’t be hard, toothbrush, on a soft toothbrush
'Cause I can't help loving you.
Every time I hear you whistle. . .it makes my nylon bristle. . .
You're a pink toothbrush, I'm a blue toothbrush
Won’t you marry me in haste?
I'll be true, toothbrush, just to you toothbrush
When we both use the same toothpaste.
But that's not what I'm writing about. This week my whole family went to the dentist. My kids have had regular check-ups all along, but Bruce and I haven't had dental insurance for a while—this is the first time in about four years that we've been to the dentist. (Eeeeew, gross!) Well, we do still brush. The dentist's office couldn't accommodate us all in one day. I went with Lindsey and Brandon on Tuesday morning; this morning Bruce went, and took Kaylie, Rachel and Jessica; and this afternoon I took Michael, Jason and Ryan. We mostly came out all right. Ryan had a small cavity, and Jason had a small cavity. But Bruce has to go back for a root canal. Poor Bruce. All in all, we are glad we went.
Call me strange, but I've always liked going to the dentist.

4 comments:
I like going to the dentist too! I like the toothbrush song; I've never heard it.
I want Bruce to sing the toothbrush song next time I see him. Well you could sing it if you want, but I think Bruce would be more willing to. The songs seems like it would be one of those irrating ones that gets stuck in your head and I need the tune.
I need a good catchy song because Ben always sings a really dumb Jonas Brother's song that gets stuck in my head and I want to be able to do it back to him.
It's about time for us to see the dentist again, too. I wonder how Scott and Emma's teeth will look when the get back from La Verkin. *shudders*
I like going to the dentist, too. I think it's because I never get cavities and they always say I have nice teeth. Makes me feel good. :D
I'll admit I like our dentist too. they are very nice!
Post a Comment