Monday, July 21, 2008
A Close Call
Last night Bruce and I took the kids and walked to Melanie's (my sister's) house. She lives about half a mile from us (I'd guess). We stayed and had a nice visit until the sun went down and then we walked back home. We have to cross a major road between our houses, but there's a light and crosswalks and walking signals so it's not a problem. Well, we waited at the light until the crossing signal was in our favor; but when we were about half way across the street we heard an engine to our right rev up. A light-colored truck sped through the red light and missed hitting Lindsey by about five or six feet! It was too dark and he was going too fast for us to see his license plate or we would have called the police on him right then and there. (Well, after we all got all the way across the road.) The first, immediate wish of my vengeful little heart was that he'd wreck his truck soon (which actually is very likely, the way he was driving). But I won't be that way. Now that I've slept on it and it's in the past, I can be good. Anyway, I'm extremely thankful and very glad that nothing bad happened!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That's scary! I'm glad everything turned out okay. I hate it when people drive like that.
I'm glad everyone's alright! That's so scary; too bad you couldn't see his license!
Post a Comment