Thursday, September 16, 2021

My baby is eighteen!

 I know this post is a week and a half late...

Aww! What a cute, smiley baby she was!

But Jessica turned eighteen years old! (Now I can officially kick all of my kids out of the house. ;-) )

We had a really fun day for her birthday! First of all, Jessica had been wanting to get a haircut, so we took her to do that. I was a little skeptical of her getting a pixie cut, but...

Before...
Look at how long her hair has gotten!
(That's her stylist, Hailey, in the background.)


Jessica had saved some pictures of styles
that she liked  to show Hailey.


And the first cuts have been made!
(Hailey swept away all that pretty blond hair
from the floor before I thought to get a picture.)


A bit of a blow-dry to determine if it's just right. This time you can see a bunch of blond hair on the floor.

Trimming off just a little bit more...
And it's looking oh, so cute!


Here's the finished cut!

Jessica was really happy with her haircut. Next on the list was clothes-shopping. Yay!

I didn't get pics of her trying on clothes (my bad), but we had a lot of fun, and she got a couple of really cute things. Maybe one day we will have a picture of her in her favorites.

Then out to lunch with Dad and Lindsey, and then home for a rest—and maybe a movie.

That night we had chicken & broccoli casserole for dinner (as per Jessica's request). Then we all went and played Jackbox games for a while. She got a lot of birthday presents (the benefits of being the youngest and having lots of siblings with jobs). 

And then it was time for dessert: Pumpkin Cheescake (yum!). When it was time for the birthday singing, we decided we had to recreate the photo from Jessica's first birthday.


It took a few tries, but they did a pretty good job of it. Jessica got the look about right. (By the way, she's wearing one of her new shirts.)

Bruce promised her he wouldn't blow out all her candles, but in the end he laughed so hard that he did blow them out...all but one.




I don't think Jessica minded, though.

Cake and more games. It was a fun, fun day.

Happy Birthday, Jessica—you adult, you! Love you!!






1 comment:

Bro. North said...

It was a fun day! Thanks for writing about it, Loralee, and helping us all to remember. You saved Jessica as a perfect child to finish up our family!

Jessica, I'm so happy you're in my family! You've been keeping me laughing since you were born. I appreciate all you do for us. Thanks for being such a sweetheart!

--Dad