Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Senior Pics

Well! Rachel is going to graduate this year! 
Theoretically...



Despite the school's being closed since March 16, Rachel has kept up with all her schoolwork, still has a 4.0 GPA, and is still on track for graduation—whenever that will be. And all of this because she is awesome! And a hard worker! And awesome!

So we went out to take her senior pictures last week—at Remember the Maine Park which, apparently, is the place the Norths go for senior pictures.

She'll cross that bridge—graduation—whenever it comes.

When we first got to Remember the Maine, Kaylie said that we were too early—there were no flowers. . I suppose we could have waited a couple of weeks, but Rachel is more of a wilderness girl than a flowery girl, so this is kind of her thing. And, anyway, we were being asked to submit a picture of her ASAP to put on a flag that will hang on Main Street. (They are doing this for all the graduating seniors this year, to make up for... missing out on going to classes?) So it was time to do her pics.

Rachel and the paparazzi


What can I say?
I am awesome!

The river was lower and slower than I've ever seen it so, naturally, the girls had to get as close to it as they could. Not that I blame them. I would have joined them if my feet had been happier that evening.



It didn't take long before Bruce decided the light wasn't good enough at Remember the Maine, so we drove up Yellow Hill to get some pics in the setting sun.

Wait. What?



Soon I got tired of the sunset on the hill pics (and Rachel probably got tired of us...), so we headed back down to the wilderness.







a girl and her wheat-stalk
No. Seriously. Isn't she cute?

Well, Rachel will be graduating. Sometime soon. In June? July? August? We don't know. What I do know is that I am proud of this amazing girl!



1 comment:

R,T,H,I said...

Aw, I love these!! Rachel, you are so amazing!!! Seriously like, aaah. 😊
I love you so much!