Thursday, December 13, 2018

Missionary News

Ryan has been in the MTC for two weeks now; one more to go. He is anxious to get out of the training center and into the field. He actually writes a lot more than any of his brothers did, which is nice for me. Today I'm just posting the letter he sent with pics attached. 

Pictures

I have a few interesting ones this time. Sorta.


*1
The Burt's Bees honey chapstick is an interesting thing. That chapstick cost me $3.99. But I really needed it. Another interesting thing about that stuff is that the honey flavor/scent smells almost exactly like the field next to the church down the street from the house. The first time I opened it I got a straight shot of homesickness, since I walked by that field every time I went to Techris. * It smells mostly sweet like honey, and warm, but it has a bit of rosemary scent in it which gives it a nice herby smell. It's actually kind of comforting, so I'll pull it out and just smell it sometimes.



We sang the First Nowell for the devotional last Tuesday, the arrangement by the MoTab choir director.  It was really cool, but it also made me homesick. *3   There's  a picture of myself and Elder Anderson right before we went to sing it for the Ecclesiastical leaders.



The next one is of the absolutely retarded haircut they gave me last Wednesday. It was worse than the [hair place] in vernal. I hate it. They cut all of my hair stupid short except my bangs. It only looks ok if I constantly brush them up to the side. *4



The next is Elder Anderson, he went under the bed to retrieve a ball so Elder Peterson trapped him under there, and we lifted up the mattress to see this. It was amusing. Elder Peterson has a level of humor similar to mine, but way more sarcastic and... I'm not sure I can adequately describe it.



The guy on the moped is one of our MTC teachers, Brother Eaton. He was gone last saturday so Brother Simons subbed, and shared that picture with us. So we all made that our phone backgrounds for Bro. Eatons class monday afternoon. It took him 20 minutes to realize what we had done, it was also amusing.



The last picture is another of our district. I guess I'll name them this time. *5


Love you guys!


Mom's Notes:

1.This is not a particularly interesting picture, although the story that goes with it is.

2. Ryan worked at Techris, about three blocks from our house, to earn mission money over the summer.

3. In another email this week Ryan mentioned that it's hard for him to sing bass in church because it reminds him of sitting next to Bruce singing bass, and it makes him miss us. Aww. (Also, the director of the Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square is Mack Wilberg.)

4. That is a pretty bad haircut. But Ryan hasn't had much luck with haircuts since we moved to Vernal. Hopefully the next one (in six months, from the looks of it) will be better.

5. Ryan did tell us the names of everyone, but I omitted them from the blog.

Ryan is having a rough time in the MTC; he's homesick and a little stressed out, but he's looking forward to moving on to Gilbert. I'm sure he'd love to hear from you. If it will arrive on or before Dec. 17 you can send him a letter at this address:

Elder Ryan Alexander North
12-18 AZ-GIL
2005 N 900 E Unit #159
Provo, UT 84602

Or you can email him any time at: ryan.north@myldsmail.net

Do it, do it, do it!


No comments: