Monday, March 19, 2018

News From Hungary vol. 8

This last week was pretty good. I got several potiential investigators, and we will be following up with them to see if they will actually be interested in investigating. Also, Niki, one of my investigators went on a trip, kind of like a youth conference. And I hear that she loved it. Also, one of the youth who was there with her was telling me that she is thinking about being baptised in April! We will see, but I am super hopefull for her.



Sunday
Wow, um, So I went to church, that was good. For some reason we have all of these potiential investigators who come to church but not very many actual investigators who come to church. I am not really sure why some of these potiential investigators are still only potiential investigators, although I do understand that at least two of the four who were there are just really busy all of the time. But these two do come to English Class. Which can some times just be a really simple Gospel Principles class that we hold in English. I don't know why but often in English Class all people want to hear about is the Church and how and why we do things the way we do. After Church we went and tracted, and while we were tracting we found three people who were willing to meet with us, and we also go one referral. So that was cool. After this we were given dinner by a member family, and we talked about families for a quick spiritual lesson. It really was a spiritual lesson, and everyone had really good insights about families.

Saturday
It rained all day, and I was tracting in it, it was pretty miserable, but the most miserable part was really that my water proof shoes have a hole somewhere in the bottom, so both of my feet got soaking wet. Other than that it was a great day, we met with Ica, and taught a pretty good lesson, and while tracting we got yelled at by a couple of people. The people here say some of the funniest things when they want you to leave them alone. Like "Sietek." This means "I am hurrying.", the person who said this was wearing a bath robe and slippers. He litterally wasn't going anywhere.

Friday
We did weekly planning, and more tracting, yeah, not much happened there. But it was a good day.

Thursday
District Meeting, MCM, and Angol Óra. Interestingly no one showed up for angol óra (angol óra means English class) But while we were waiting for people to come to Angol óra we were invited to participate in Institute. It was really good. This is really all that happened Thurday.

Wednesday
We had an Area Seventy Visit in Budapest so, we had a Zone Conference in Budapest where we learned from him. I even go a private interview with him, it wasn't anything big or crazy. He asked about you all and how you are doing. And then he asked me about the work that I have been doing here, and about how the mission has been going. I would tell you what I said but it was more or less what I tell you all each week. Perhaps less detail oriented though.

Tuesday
Játék Est! (Game Night!) This is a program we started a couple of weeks ago to see if it would attract more people to investigate. And we have been having people show up! So now we just need them to investigate. This is also the last day that I met with Niki. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday morning being the days of the youth conference or whatever that was. We had a good lesson with her. It was primarily about keeping the sabbath day holy, but we also talked about obeying and honoring the law of the land.

Monday
This as also a pretty good day. There wasn't really a whole lot that happended Last Monday, but a member Invited us over for lunch and fed us hamburgers.

I think that this is all...Yep, it is!

Love you!
Brandon.


Mom Notes:

I love that he's throwing in more Hungarian words, and find it cute that his English spelling is deteriorating. Which might make me not a very nice mom...

1 comment:

Jason North said...

I don't know how many people know this or if it even works the same in his mission, but in my mission people weren't considered to be "investigating" until you had an actual lesson with them somewhere and a return appointment scheduled. So that's how I understand that he has people coming to church who are only "potential investigstors", it just means he hasn't had a real lesson with them yet.