Monday, September 25, 2017

Just in from Hungary...

Today was mission email day, and Brandon sent us a great one! So I'm going to share it with you here. I'm proud of my missionary son.



Now, I already wrote this so I am going to copy and paste then fill out the parts that could use some more detail.

During companion exchanges Elder Bridges and I went tracting. We didn't have a whole lot of time before the Exchange ended so but we wanted to get as much done as we could. Only planning on really having enough time to give out pass along cards and recieve return appointments we left with only pass along cards. On our way out though I recieved an impression that I needed to go back and grab a Book of Mormon. Reluctantly I went and did so. So, on our second time leaving the appartment to go tracting I went a different way so that we could catch the same bus. We got on the bus and proceeded to take a record breaking thirty minutes to travel what should have been 10 or 15 minutes. I had previously planned on going to Cseppel to tract but with the 30 minute bus ride I decided against it so that we could still have time to tract. As we got going I spotted a building that looked good. Thinking that the door would be on the side facing the street I walked around to that side only to find that I went to the wrong side. As we got to the other side of the building and began to csengő(ring the doorbell) the building a woman came out and asked who we were. So we told her. Upon hearing who we were she asked if we could give her a blessing of healing. Taken aback I had to ask her again what she said. No one ever just asks for a blessing of healing, at least I didn't think so. After she confirmed that she did indeed want a blessing I asked if there was a place for her to sit. So she invited us in and we explained how the blessing would work, luckily I have a hungarian mission handbook and it did all the explaining. After the blessing her mom came out and asked if we were the police, I told her no, we are the missionaries. She was instantly interested and asked us to talk to her. We got talking for a bit first and we were asked what the Latter days are, since it is on our name tags. That is a long story that we call the message of the Restoration and so we got to teach about the Restoration. They asked many questions and seemed quite interested, we left a pass along card, Restoration pamphlet, and Book of Mormon with them. As we were leaving I wondered how She (Manika, who recieved the blessing) had known that we were there right at that moment. I looked around and saw that there was a window to their appartment outlooking the street, right on the side of the building I first tried searching for the csengő.(doorbell)

I know that this is God's church and he is guiding us. Jézus Krisztus nevében, ámen.
We did get a return appointment and will be going there this Wednesday.

Thank goodness for copy and paste.

That was the biggest part of my week, Oh, I forgot. When we started our lesson I realized that we had not said a prayer. So I asked if we could turn off the T.V. before praying. The answer was yes. I then began to pray with them, I prayed simply for their health and happiness, but the spirit that filled that small dirty room (they had a small dirty appartment) brought everyone to tears before I could even utter the words. And though I already bore my testimony I will bear it again, I know that God is our loving heavenly Father and that he knows all of us. He has not forgotten even the least significant of us, and he never will. Because he loves us all that much. These two women whom I taught had been praying for weeks for help, and Finally Elder Bridges and I were priviledged to be the ones to show up on their doorstep. God Does Not Forget. And he always loves us. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

I love you all and will have to write a separate email so say anything more, if I say anything at all.

Sincerely,
Brandon.

No comments: