My latest sewing project:
 |
| What is it? What is it? |
They are sleeves to wear under my fabulous arm-brace! At first I was shooting for inconspicuous pinks and flesh colors, but as I was looking at fabrics and seeing what my arm actually looks like I thought, "There is
nothing inconspicuous about this." So I picked a couple of the brightest colors I saw; I used a fabulous print that was left over from another project; I did some reverse-dyeing. I even hand-painted a sleeve for St. Patrick's Day (I think I will have to paint one for my upcoming birthday too.)
:-)
And this is Kaylie's project:
 |
| denim with a suede bottom, pink-paisley accents, and a silver and pearl button |
She designed and sewed this little tote bag all by herself! (The pocket isn't attached yet, and it needs straps, obviously. She'll probably finish it this afternoon.) Isn't it cute? She's doing a great job on it!
:-)
Kaylie's making the bag to sell at an auction/fundraiser. And I have a couple of little projects in mind to work on for this same fundraiser—my hand needs something to do to keep it limber.
No comments:
Post a Comment