Monday, November 23, 2015

2015 Christmas List

Every year, as the end of November approaches and I sit down to make up my wish list, I'll  try to remember the things I saw throughout the year that I "really, really wanted." Well, I guess I must not want them quite as much as I thought, because I always have a hard time remembering them when it's time to post the list. So this year I started in June. I decided that every time I thought of something I'd like to have, I would come to my blog and write it down.

I know, Kim—my Christmas timing has just dropped to a whole new level of impropriety in your book.  If it makes you feel better, know that my misdeeds stem from boredom—or from avoiding work. (Which might just put me on the "naughty" list.)

And since I am indulging in shameless behavior anyway, and since I happen to know that Bruce is trying to decide what to get for me, I'm going to post the list before Thanksgiving.  ;-)  Santa can do what he will with that declaration.
Well, first of all, there's still the Zenker Handle-It Springform With Glass Bottom. I've been wanting this pan for a while. (I think the first time it showed up on my list was in 2008––except I'd been asking for the Frieling pan. But on further examination I see the Frieling is only two inches deep, while the Zenker is 2.9-inches. Available at Amazon.)

A non-breakable, digital candy thermometer. (This seems like a good one.) I am just brutal on candy thermometers (which is surprising, because I don't make candy all that often). This would actually be nice to have before Christmas. Maybe just a few days after Thanksgiving.

Choosing Civility. (Amazon) An excellent book. I'd also like everyone to read it and take it to heart. ;-)



Other books. Just for fun reading.




Good, new, current Family Pictures

And clothes (for the whole family) to wear for the photo session.

In fact, just pretty clothes. Or, rather, clothes that make me feel pretty. :-)

I could use a decent serger.

I recently discovered that there all kinds of attachments for my Kitchenaid stand mixer. I'm particularly interested in the fruit and vegetable strainer, the juicer, the meat/nut grinder, and the pasta roller, but there are lots of really cool ones. (And you can get pretty good deals on them on ebay.) Or another flat mixer paddle, a dough hook, and a whisk for my mixer. Those would be cool too.  :-)

The Reader's Digest Family Songbook (1969).
I grew up playing the piano and singing out of this
book with my family; it's a little cheesy, maybe, but you know...
(Available used and new ( ) on Amazon.)




There are probably some movies I'd like. In fact, here's one: Around the World in 80 Days on dvdNot the old David Niven one, and certainly not the one with Jackie Chan. I want the one that was made as a TV miniseries in the 80s. (You may now pass judgment on my taste, if you'd like. Available at Walmart.)



I'd also like Great Expectations (2012)
(the one with Helena Bonham Carter as Miss Havisham and Ralph Fiennes as Magwitch).








I want some Tangerine Orange Saran Doll Hair (four short hanks of it). This is George, my all-time, very most favoritest doll who I played with almost daily from the time I was about six until I was ten or eleven or so:

As you can see, he was very well-loved and often played with. I've kept him all this time—I even remade his outfit when I was about thirteen or so (you can tell I didn't really know what I was doing if you look, but I can remake that now, too). And all this time I have wanted to give him a makeover—at least fix his hair and eyelashes. I thought I'd have to buy him a wig, but you can't find doll wigs in that bright, carrot orange, or in a simple little boy style for that matter. But recently I discovered DollyHair, where I can get the stuff I need to entirely re-root his hair (and instructions to do it). It would be so fun to make George look all better!

A roll of white bulletin-board paper (to use for pattern-making, and which teachers can get at a discount!).

Well, despite starting a list in June, I don't think it's a much longer list than I've made in other years. Mostly I just want to have fun with my family for Christmas. That is the best!


2 comments:

Kim said...

At least you remembered by "no Christmas before Thanksgiving rule" before you broke it.

You need to include links of where to buy the items on your wish list...much easier for people to fulfill your wishes.

I'd like that same springform pan. :D

Loralee said...

Good idea, Kim. Done!