Monday, October 5, 2015

Missionary Monday!


From Elder Jason North, today:

"I loved General Conference! I was very glad to hear from President Monson, I especially loved his Priesthood session talk. But to keep the commandments and to be an example of the believers is truly what we need to be doing! The Spirit was there even more strongly than the last time conference, or I feel that it was. Maybe my memory is dimmed be the six months or perhaps I'm just more spiritually attuned, but I loved this conference. They taught that we need to follow the Spirit, and seek His guidance in simplifying and perfecting our lives. I know that the Spirit speaks softly, and I know that it can be easy to miss. But if we just trust every good thought and act as though it IS the spirit, a few things will happen. First, we'll receive the blessings promised by our leaders this conference. Second, we'll be really happy. Third, we'll make some mistakes but that's okay because in Preach My Gospel we learn that it takes time to learn to recognize the Spirit and that making mistakes is part of that process, which leads to: Fourth, we will trust the Spirit to guide us always, which is really the first in part. But I love the gospel. And I love Jesus Christ, I'm learning more about him all the time. As often as I remember that all the commandments and counsel and things we talk about in the church are really just ideas to focus me on Christ, I feel His love. Remember President Uchtdorf's talk! I know I need to! It's really not that hard if you remember the Saviour.

I love you guys!
Jason"

Two weeks and two days before Jason gets home! (Almost to the hour!)

No comments: