Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Missionary Monday!

Maybe I should change the name of these updates to "Missionary Wednesday."  ?

Anyway, here's the news from Jason:

"It's been a busy week! Lots of door knocking, and not all in my area.
Before I forget, some people wanted my new address, and I have it.

#110 7425 Shaw Avenue
Chilliwack BC CA
V2R 3C

Note from Mom: If you're reading this, send Jason a letter! ;-)

"I went on exchange with Elder Cloward in Abbotsford on Tuesday, and met a lot of Punjabi people, and on Thursday I was on exchange with Elder Stirland in Mission. Right now I'm in a family history center in Abbotsford with four other companionships. It's pretty hectic. 

"On Saturday we had an awesome conference with Elder Daniel L. Johnson, and that was super good. He does more of a discussion than a talk, but in short the points he wanted to get across the points that making friends is missionary work, and if you open your mouth at all to talk to someone else, God will fill it! Just don't close your mouth when he does! The other point he wanted to get across was that missionaries and members of the church need to be united. I don't know when it was said or who said it, but I heard someone in General Conference say that the work will hasten when members and full-time missionaries come together in a spirit of unity. So those were the big points. 

"Lately (the last few months), I've been working to see how much good I can do independent of my companion. I have, throughout my mission, been one to say that because my companion does not want to move forward or progress in a situation that I do, that I cannot progress. That sounds like false doctrine! So I've been trying to do good regardless of my companion. His bad day doesn't need to affect my good day, and I don't need to wait for him to change my bad day into a good day. It takes a lot of courage though. It's not easy to go forward 'without' as it sometimes seems, any help. But 'Happy is he who hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose Hope is in the Lord his God.' I am not without help, your prayers are heard by God, and He knows what I need. The same is true for you. Help is there, if you'll notice it, and the same as missionary work, He will often not give you help until the moment you need it. So have faith! You need it. And I do too.

"I have to go.
I love you guys!
Jason"

No comments: