I don't know yet if it's a good hair day, or a bad hair day; I just colored my hair and it's not dry yet. Me dyeing my hair is nothing new; I've colored it a lot. It's had blonde highlights, it's been red, it's been brown. But for several years now it's mostly been red—it would have saved me a lot of trouble if I'd just been born with red hair, because I love it!
 |
I was born a blondie.
(Check out the cool car in the neighbor's driveway!) |
 |
| This is close to what it looked like until I was probably ten or so. (It's a little reddish-looking because it's an old picture.) |
 |
| This fabulous picture, apparently taken when I was half-dead first thing in the morning, shows my real hair color by the time I was a teenager. (I bet this was Christmas morning.) |
 |
| And this is about when I first started coloring my hair—at Wendell's prompting. |
Lately I've been thinking that it would save me a lot of trouble if I'd just go back to my own, real hair color—no more dyeing. (Although I
am getting a few gray strands, and I'm not ready to go there yet. So I might still keep playing with the color.) Anyway, while I was at the store yesterday with Brandon and Ryan I told them to help me choose a color that was close to my real hair color. Brandon (age 16) says, "I have no idea what your real hair color is." Ryan (age 15) agreed. So I told them to look at the two to three inches of new growth since the
last time I colored; that is the real color. My nice teenage boys humored me and we picked "medium rich brown."
And this morning I did it; medium rich brown all over my hair. I even dyed my eyebrows because . . . why not? I just finished showering after doing the whole hair-color process. It looks dark! Which means I may have come fairly close the the truth here. I'll have a pretty good idea when it's dry.
Sadly my camera is
still missing! I have this picture in my mind's eye of it being about a foot down, right in the middle of the kitchen trash that went out four weeks ago. Oh man! I really hope not! But this means you'll have to wait and see my "new" hair color in person. So did I have a good hair day or a bad one? We'll see.
No comments:
Post a Comment