We are not much of an outdoor family. Especially in the summer. Then we just stay inside, trying to escape some of the heat. But when it rains . . .
Brandon had been listlessly watching TV. When it started raining hard he said he was going to go out. It didn't take much convincing to get the girls to go out too. We all splashed around in the deep water in the gutters, and walked along in the rain. Then the kids all decided to sit down and block the flow of water in the gutter. (
That's when I thought of the camera.) They all sat there for a minute or so, then Brandon opened his floodgate and let the water flow to Jessica.
Jessica let the water out on Rachel.
Rachel let the water go to Kaylie . . .
And I was waiting at the end to take advantage of all that water.
(Ryan took some pictures and then went back to play on the computer. Boooo!)
Then the kids started running along the non-level sidewalk at the neighborhood park.
The girls went to play on the playground.
And when we are all nice and cooled down (actually I was
cold!), we went back home again.
I love rainy days!
3 comments:
Love it!
that sounds like so much fun! I wish I could have gone. :)
Kim Shakeri Wish we had some of that rain!
Post a Comment