I have gradually been coming to a realization—a real "Aha!" about myself.
This semester I've been working on my collection for the fashion show in April. I drew my designs, gave them a lot of thought—even some mathematical processing—and started drafting patterns for them. I've made several mock-ups of these dresses and gotten the patterns and fit practically perfect. And in the last couple of weeks I had this "Wow" moment:
I am really good at this!
I know, you are all laughing at me now. Or, more likely, rolling your eyes. But you just don't get it.
I've always known that I'm good enough to do the projects my teachers assign me and get an A in the class, and I know that my non-sewing friends think I'm amazing. But I am seeing it. I drew these designs. I figured out how to take them from 2-D to
3-D. I drafted the patterns. I sewed the mock-ups. I chose the fabrics. I did it—and I am doing it. And as these projects are coming together, I am finally realizing that I am good at this. Really. And I'm kind of wowed out about it.
Now as I work on drafting a new pattern, my mind skips forward. I could do this for a business—from home—just like I wanted to when I started the program. I really could. Wow again.
Just, Wow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
When talent, skill and education collide...WOW is usually the result. Congrats to you for recognizing it!
Post a Comment