Thursday, September 19, 2013

Ten Reasons I Like My Husband

He puts the trash cans out on the street every week so I don't even have to think about it.  

He still likes me even after I called him a dork
(—for sneaking up behind me and saying "Boo" and startling me half to death.  No, he didn't jump out and yell, "BOO!!"  It was just quiet and sneaky. )

He would (and did) drive out to pick me up at the train station just because he thinks I don't like to take the bus.  Or maybe just because he likes me.

He is making me a present. 

He goes and does the things he's supposed to do even though I am in the background tempting him to stay home with me.  

He let me sleep in while he got the kids up and took them to school. 

He arranged his schedule so we could go to classes "together," and didn't complain when it turned out that I remembered my class time wrong so he actually has to wait at the school for 1 1/2 hours before his class starts.  And he still drives with me every week (which means I don't have to take the bus). 

He wrote me a story. 

He ate the dinner that I made by just throwing whatever I could find into some pasta—and really late in the day besides—and said it was really good (even though it was only just tolerable . . . maybe). 

He holds my hand in the car while we're driving. 

No, it's not his birthday, our anniversary, or a holiday.  It's not the anniversary of our first date, first kiss, or the day he proposed.  I just really like Bruce.  In fact, I think I'm in love with him!








2 comments:

Bro. North said...

Awww, shucks... Thanks, Loralee! You are my best friend, and that's how friends treat each other, right? :-) I will always love you.

Lindsey said...

Cute! I'm glad you like each other!