Thursday, January 24, 2013

Fickle! . . . Or Practical?

Not that it makes any difference to you, but I changed my school schedule.  Yep, I did.

After one morning in Portfolio, I decided that it would be better to take that class at the end of my whole ordeal.  Lots of people take it early in the program, but I think I'm right on this one.  Instead I am taking Fashion Entrepreneurship (another required class). It's at an ugly time of day—Thursdays from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m.  :-(  But it used to be a 7 to 10 p.m. class, so I guess this is a little better.

I also added an Internship. I'll be working with my friend Cherylene, who has designed and is making the costumes for SLCC's production of Romeo and Juliet (in outer space). 90 hours of sewing costumes gets me my Internship credit.

And I'm dropping Millinery.  :-(  I have really wanted to take that class ever since I knew it was offered, but it's not required, and it never fit into my schedule.  This semester it fits into my schedule but it pushes me to eighteen credits, and gives me a ten hour day on Wednesdays (seven hours at school and three commuting).  If I drop Millinery I can be home between noon and 1:00 on Wednesdays.  So weighing how much I want to learn hat-making vs. how much I want to be home . . .

So, there we are. Another semester in the works.

No comments: