Monday, September 3, 2012

Answer This Question

No. I am not asking you to do my homework for me.
I want to apply for a scholarship for next semester. If they would put it through based on my grades only, it would be nothing but net. Swoosh!

But, no.  They want me to answer this essay question:

Why are you attending college and how will it contribute to the diversity of SLCC?

Well. I am kind of stuck.  How will my attending college contribute to the diversity of SLCC?  And, by the way, don't you think diversity is kind of overrated?  I thought it went "United we stand."

Anyway, give me some great ideas on how my attending college contributes to the diversity of said college.  If I have a good start I can write a great paper!

3 comments:

Heather said...

I think that anything over 25-30 at a lot of schools used to qualify you as a "non-traditional" student. I think that as a mother of 8, you are setting an example to your children that education is important at any age. And though you may be older than the traditional student (aka those who just graduated from high school) you bring to the campus wisdom that comes from life's experiences just as much as "book learning" Good luck! I hope you get the scholarship!

Boom said...

Diversity is not just the color of your skin. It is the richness of experience you can bring to a university life.

Loralee said...

Boom, that is university-speak if I ever heard it! ;-)