Monday, August 27, 2012

Here We Go Again!

The shopping is done.

The carpool is arranged.

School has started. 

Last Wednesday my Entheos kids went back to school, and today my Hunter High School kids went back to school. I think they're all pretty happy.  And I'm happy to have them out doing good things.
I started back last Wednesday, too.  My first class is the one I've been postponing and postponing: Fashion Illustration 1.  Well, I've been postponing a lot of classes that I am taking now, this semester. But I keep hearing about how worky Illustration is.  Still I'm signed up, I'm going, and I've bought $162 of art supplies for it. Wish me luck on this one!

I'm also taking Fashion History; the first class was Thursday morning and it looks really interesting.  Besides, it's taught by one of my very favorite teachers. I like Janet so much that she easily talked me into taking her 20th Century Fashion class (more fashion history).  I dropped Communications and swapped it for 20th Century—which looks like it will be lots more fun.

And I'm taking Alterations.  I have no problem building a piece of clothing from making the pattern to sewing the last button on, but taking a ready-made piece and tearing it apart and then rebuilding it is kind of terrifying to me.  It will be good to learn and know, but sounds like no fun. We'll see.

The bummer is that I've been dying to take Millinery (hat-making). It's usually taught on Wednesday afternoons, right when I'll be in Illustration—which is a required class (Millinery is not).  But this semester they moved Millinery to Monday afternoon—at the exact same time I'm in Alterations. I am sorely tempted to drop Alterations and take Millinery, but practical me thinks, "Come on! Which one will be more useful in the long run?"

>sigh<

Yeah, yeah, yeah.  I'm sticking with Alterations.  I just hope I can fit Millinery in next semester.

The lineup, then, is
Monday: Alterations
Tuesday: 20th Century Fashion
Wednesday: Illustration
Thursday: History of Costume

Here I go again!

No comments: