Thursday, July 12, 2012

Days at Camp Steiner

I'm out of time this weekend, so this will be mainly pictorial:

Every day the staff meets at the flags for a flag ceremony, cheers, songs, and grace before meals.

Bruce teaches the parts of a rifle (.22) up on his range.

Last weekend I forgot to take my contact lens case up with me.  I stored my lenses in two spoons overnight, then Stephen kindly bought me a new case the next day.

All my kids have been out shooting on the range several times.  The little girls love it!

Every Wednesday evening we have staff night, which means the staff gets to do whatever they want (instead of hanging out with the scouts) that night.  On July 4 we had "Hawaiian Days" —very patriotic!  The girls dyed coffee-filters and made flowers to decorate the dining hall.

Bruce sings about shooting rifles.

Jessica shoots.


This lovely view can be seen from the firebowl—where we have campfire songs and skits with all our guest scouts.  After I'd been sitting in front of it for a couple hours it finally dawned on me that this is the scene Camp Steiner uses for their logo (I have a dog-tag with this exact picture on it).  It's a beautiful place.


No comments: