Friday, May 4, 2012

Overdue

No . . . all my homework is turned in.  No late library books.  I'm not in my 41st week of pregnancy.

No. This post is about April:  Lots of family stuff happened in April, but because lots of school stuff also happened in April I didn't write about any of it.  So, it's overdue, but here it is:

On Saturday March 31 (that's almost April!), while the men were attending the Priesthood session of General Conference, we girls stayed home and painted our toenails. 
Jessica chooses a color


Can you guess which feet belong to which girl?

On Friday, April 6 we had lots of fun coloring our (yes, raw) eggs. We only dropped one on the floor—actually I dropped it.  Should've taken a picture—I thought about dropping another one so I could get a photo, but that seemed
                         . . . a little extreme.

Anyway, we didn't have a store-bought egg-coloring kit so I looked online to find out how to do it with food-coloring. What I found was that if you put a teaspoon of oil into the egg-dye you get some really cool-looking Easter eggs.


On Saturday, April 7 we went to Grandpa North's house to have lunch and an Easter-egg hunt with the cousins.  We had lots of eggs—I sent over about eighty, and Brad & Becky had a lot too.

Yes, Brandon has eggs in his basket.

This is what Becky always looks like at family parties.

Lindsey sings an Easter song.

Lizzy is just cute.

Kaylie and Emma look for eggs.


Brad finds treasures on the lawn, too!

sharing Easter candy
On Easter Sunday, April 8 we went to Temple Square, and to see the new City Creek Center uptown. 

What is Bruce up to?

diving in

"Don't look at my i-pod!"



???
Let's see . . . Our kitchen faucet broke, we went without water in the kitchen for a week, but then Bruce fixed the faucet that weekend. Yay!!

If you look close, you can see that water is pouring from the handle, but none is coming out of the spout.

hard at work

all better!
And another weekend in April ( I don't remember the date) Bruce's brother John came up from California to visit.

John's the guy with the beard. And the dog.
 And Pedals for Hope happened in April, too!

This year they did Locks of Love as part of the opening assembly for the whole project. To start off the assembly a friend of mine, Wendy Burr, told the story of her own little boy who's been battling leukemia for the past year; and at the end of the assembly she donated her hair, too.  Her son, Matthew, got to cut it off.  Jessica also donated her hair!  They set up a make-shift beauty salon in the art room to neaten up all the butchered hair; there were so many hair dryers going at once that they blew a fuse!

Jessica and a friend talk about how short their hair is.

Brandon participated in the bike ride this year—he rode twenty miles.  And he got to help MC the closing assembly, too. This year three teachers volunteered to get a pie in the face if the kids reached certain $$ goals; the whole student-body was pretty excited for this. 

Throw! The! Pies!
Three lucky kids were chosen to throw the pies. (Mr. Horscroft, the science teacher, said to me, "Wow!  How exciting to be a kid who gets to throw a pie!" Although he didn't volunteer to be on the receiving end.) 


The grand total Entheos earned for cancer research this year was $4,431.65 —$1,009.38 of that came from the Penny Wars.  Yay Entheos kids!!

So that is our April in review.  Pretty exciting, huh? :-)

2 comments:

Kim said...

Busy month! My Armenian friend taught me how to do tissue paper eggs this year. They are GORGEOUS and look like stained glass windows. She also taught me to rub the dry, colored eggs with a paper towel soaked in some vegetable oil. Makes the eggs glossy and so pretty (and slippery! I don't recommend for your raw egg dyeing!

Loralee said...

Oooh! I'd like to see the tissue-paper eggs. Always interested in something new. :)

And our eggs were slippery!