Friday, April 20, 2012

Kidnapped!



This morning at 3:17 a.m. my Jason was abducted, right from his bedroom.  I haven't seen him since he went to bed last night—around 10:45 p.m.  It will not be on the news because the police have not been notified. I have not called the police because I aided and abetted in the crime; in fact, I paid the kidnappers to take him.

Last night I left the front porch light on, turned on the piano lamp in the living room, and stuck this note to the outside of the front door:

"Attn: Kidnappers,
Go down the stairs. Turn right and go through the door. Walk straight through the laundry room. Jason is sleeping on the other side of the door. The $ is on the front door."

I should have said "on the inside of the front door."  But they got it.

Given the excitement to come, I'm surprised that I fell asleep at all last night, but I did—and quickly!  I awoke around 3:00 a.m., probably to the sound of a very light knock on the front door (although I didn't realize that at the time—Bruce told me about the knocking later). I heard Jason's abductors go into his room and talk to him.  They gave him time to put on some clothes and use the bathroom.  Then they went out the front door and I fell asleep again, knowing all was right with the world.

Yes, Jason is gone.  He is being initiated into the Hunter High School Madrigals! :-) 

Traditionally the seasoned Mads "kidnap" the newbies and take them all out to IHOP for an early breakfast (hence the $ left on the door), and a "getting to know you" party.  They teach the inductees some songs, then they (the new guys) have to wear signs all day long at school that read, "I'm a Madrigal.  Ask me to sing for you."  The new Madrigals must sing if they are asked.  I got a phone call last week—unbeknownst to Jason (who never knew whether he'd even passed the audition)—and made arrangements for him to be taken away this morning. 

So hooray for Jason!! 

But if I don't see him after some time after school is out today . . . then I'll think about calling the police!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I was so excited for Jason when I found out! I find it funny that they call it a kidnapping. :) It was entertaining to see some two dozen students walking around in their pajama's, with paper plates with their 'let me sing for you' thing on it hanging around their necks. :)

Ben and Tami said...

Wonderful news of Jason!

Stephanie said...

That is so fun! Congratulations to Jason! :)