I mixed the dough last Thursday while the kids were in school, thinking that we'd build it and decorate it that night. Funny me! The weekend turned out to be super-packed-full, but I finally started cutting out the pieces and baking them on Sunday. Mixed and cut out more on Monday, then ran around like a crazy woman (shopping) on Tuesday. Tuesday night I started making the candy for the windows, and yesterday we were finally ready to build.
The rest of the story is in pictures. :-)
All the building equipment, ready to go.
The kids arrange crushed, hard candy in the windows to create stained glass.
crushed candy
One of the panels fell down and broke during construction. Now it's glued back together and being held up with canning jars until the frosting dries up. I wonder if this is how my house was built?
Still under construction.
The decorating begins!
The candy-cane rail was Rachel's idea.
Almost finished—and tasty, too!
turret
front door—with our traditional holly wreath (although this year's holly is much prettier than last year's holly!)
house front
This year we built a string of white Christmas lights into the house so you can really see the windows.
This year we built a string of white Christmas lights into the house so you can really see the windows.
house back
Merry Christmas!















4 comments:
Darling!
I would like to take your daughter up on the invite and come see it. I also want to touch, because I do see with my hands, your stockings. They look amazing and I wonder if the pictures really show all your hard work.
And Lindsey's dress is fabulous! I may need to touch that too.
Wendy Burr said...
Holy cow, Loralee! That's beautiful. I want to live in a house like that. With a turret.
I'm pretty sure my house is still held up with a jar... or some real life version of that...
Tami cracks me up. I think I might need to touch those stockings, too. =)
Gorgeous, Loralee!
Tina Forsyth
Post a Comment