Everyone...well, a lot of people are posting their daily thankfuls this month on facebook. I thought of doing the same, but I never caught just the right mood. I thought that instead maybe I should post a blog of things I'm thankful for, but that didn't ring true either. It's not that I'm ungrateful, just that a list of little things didn't strike the right chord.
I am grateful for lots of little things: a bed to sleep in, clothes to wear, shoes, my sewing machine and other tools, gel to make my hair look great, socks with no holes in them...
And I'm grateful for bigger things: my house, electricity, running water, a car that works every day, bus and train drivers who get me to school every day, good teachers for my kids...
And I'm really grateful for the great, big things: my husband Bruce who loves me and whom I love dearly, each of my children who are amazing, intelligent, fun people, the family I grew up in, my in-laws, the gospel...
But most of all I am thankful for an underlying sense of peace and contentment; a feeling that everything is OK. I'm not always 100% happy, I get discouraged and frustrated sometimes, but underneath whatever is going on in my life, I know that I am all right. I can't describe my feelings very well; I suppose this is what has kept me from trying to write anything before now. But I am very thankful to be well, and to know that I am taken care of, and that life is very, very good.
And it is. Very good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Well said! i understand completely and i am grateful for that feeling too.
Post a Comment