Wednesday, December 1, 2010

November's Good News

Here's what happened this month:

November 1
I finished my mid-term exam really quickly today (I hope that's good!). And we had yummy broccoli-cheese soup and home-made bread bowls for dinner. Mmmm.


November 2
We went to Kaylie and Rachel's Achievement Days . . . thing tonight. The thing where they get to show off for their parents. Kaylie showed and told about her embroidery, and Rachel showed a ceramic book she made. They are very cute. (The girls; their stuff was nice too.)


November 3
Today I made it to school and back with no incident. School was lots of fun today. I worked on re-vamping my printed cookbook. I spent some time with Bruce today.


November 4
Today was just a good day!

November 5
Bruce went shopping with me and I found the fabric I need to finish my school project. Yay!


November 6
I "fixed" the mistake I made on my Int. Sew project. I think I wrecked a bunch of other stuff in the process, but the original mistake is better. Watched "Toy Story 3" with the family tonight. I like Spanish Buzz.


November 7
Tonight Bruce and I played duets on the piano. And then I played a little by myself for a while. Making music is fun!


November 8
We had a good Family Home Evening on thanksgiving. After talking about being thankful, and reading some scriptures on it, we all wrote thank-you notes to various people. And then ice cream! It was all good.


November 9
Hardly any homework tonight—and it was all easy. To bed relatively early. Aaahhhh.

November 10
Tonight I made a delicious, new soup recipe. There's one to put into my revamped cookbook. And now I'm off to see a good movie in the comfort of my living room, while Bruce gives me a shoulder massage. Mmmmm.


November 11
We took the kids to Winco to choose their own treats from the bulk bins—all candy, of course. It wasn't until they'd all made their choices that I realized we just had a big candy-fest (Halloween). Now they are happily in their beds and I'm off to soak in the tub with a book. (Hopefully I won't soak the book!)


November 12
Today Bruce and I both had the day off from school—a whole day together!

November 13
I found the fabric for my next Int. Sew project.

November 14
I slept most of the night last night—I've been waking up around 1 or 2 a.m. since the time change and staying awake for two to three hours. It was good to actually sleep.


November 15
We had an interesting guest speaker in Intro. today. And I had an easy afternoon at home. I really appreciate my rest-time these days.


November 16
Tonight I went to a Mom & Daughter thing with Kaylie and Rachel. We painted each others' fingernails.


November 17
This afternoon I went on a field trip with Rachel and Jessica (and all the Entheos 1st, 2nd and 3rd grades). We saw Repertory Dance Theater perform a show called "Imagine That!" It was a great show, and it was fun to go with my girls.


November 18
I'm looking forward to getting supplies I need for my final projects tomorrow.

November 19
My amazing, awesome and very good-looking husband passed his CFLE exam today! I'm sure he passed because he is amazing and awesome, and not because he is good-looking (even though he is). We celebrated with the kids with sparkling cider and cinnamon crumb cake. Yay, Bruce!


November 20
I now have most of the swatches for my sample book—85 out of 92! Bruce and I went to see the new Harry Potter movie this afternoon. Very good, but dark. It was fun to go out with my sweetheart.


November 21
Tonight we went to Marilyn and James' new house for a birthday party. It was nice to visit with everyone.


November 22
I got my Intro. mid-term exam back today—102 out of 100! (Extra credit points) Yay!


November 23
Today the kids and I worked together and got the house all clean, and straightened up the garage. Best of all, Bruce got off work early and we all spent the evening together!


November 24
A private dinner, a fire in the fireplace, a bottle of sparkling cider, dark chocolate, games . . .


November 25
Happy Thanksgiving!

November 26
Today I got a lot of my Patterns project done. Another day should do it.

November 27
Yep. My pattern design is all done: patterns drawn, dress sewn. Yay! And I've got most of my fashion accessory finished for Intro. on Monday—a pair of shoes. And I'm looking forward to this Friday, Dec. 3.

November 28
This afternoon I got a much needed nap—almost two hours! I feel lots better now.

November 29
Today my van got stuck in the snow. That's not the good thing! Michael and another young man in the ward dug the snow out from around the tires and a good friend towed the van right up to my house (it got stuck down my street). Thank goodness for kind and helpful friends and neighbors!

November 30
I enjoyed my classes today. And there's only one week left of school. I am so ready for a break!

No comments: