In the spirit of my sister-in-law, Becky, I decided to post some good news for each day of the month. You can check the dailies in the sidebar. But for now, here's what happened in September:
September 14
Today as I walked from the train to school, I saw a girl bend down and pick something up from the sidewalk. A minute later she was bending down on the grass. When I caught up to her she said that she'd seen a pillbug on the sidewalk and didn't want it to get smashed. So she took it over to the grass. She saved a life! And made me smile.
September 15
I got home from school today in time to have lunch, start cooking dinner and have a nap before I picked the kids up from school. Bruce got home from work a little early and went with me to get the kids. ♥ We bought donuts on the way home.
September 16
This morning all the lights downtown went my way; I got to walk in the shade of the big trees by the City-County Building on my way to school. Michael and I finished classes at the same time and got to ride the train home together; it's nice to get to talk with him.
September 17
I went to an 80th birthday party for one of the teachers in the Fashion Institute this afternoon. I got to meet a lot of the staff and some of the students in my program. Then Bruce and I went to run errands together. I love spending time with my husband!
September 18
My kids cleaned the house today so I could do my homework. Then I went out with Bruce and had a marvelous evening with him. I love my family!
September 19
I took a nap today. Aaahhhhh.
September 20
I gave a good presentation in class today—a week early, too! Extra credit!
September 21
Today I said that everything stinks when I'm too tired, and Michael said, "That's a pretty bad side-effect." Heehee. Jason had dinner all cooked when I got home from school tonight.
September 22
My parents came and put in a hedge for me, and weeded my front yard, and took care of Jessica while I was at school. I have very nice parents!
September 23
Jessica seems to be recovering from her mystery disease—fever, extreme lethargy and little appetite. I think she'll be back to normal by Saturday or Sunday. ☺
September 24
Today I took Bruce out to celebrate his birthday (which is coming up, on the 28th). We went to The Garden Restaurant for lunch where I gave him the gift I've been working on for him all summer. Then we just bummed around for a few hours before going home to have dinner with the kids. This evening we started cleaning and rearranging our bedroom. I like hanging out with my husband!
September 25
Finished rearranging my room today. Cleanest it's been in months! (And it's beautiful, by the way.)
September 26
Tonight we celebrated Bruce's birthday simply and at home with grilled burgers for dinner and pumpkin-pie for birthday cake. Yum!
September 27
Got out of class early today; had a nice lunch, took a nap and sprayed texture-stuff on some of the kitchen wall repairs. Yay!
September 28
Today is Bruce's birthday! He is twice as old as he was when we got married. Wow.
September 29
I had lots of fun in pattern-making class today. I think I might have a knack for this. Fall Break starts tomorrow!
September 30
Today I mixed paint for the kitchen walls. And I got the kitchen really, truly clean—this doesn't happen much since I started school. Not only that, but I also had a planned dinner and had it cooked at a decent time (also doesn't happen often since I started school). Ryan got home from a two-night school camping trip. It's nice to see him around the house again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment