Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2010 Goals

Not that I have 2,010 goals, but goals for 2010. ;-)

They are few. Or maybe they are many.

  1. Read my Sunday School and Relief Society lessons every week. I know, you'd think that I already do that, being the good girl that I am.
  2. Practice the piano every day. Yeah, you'd think I already do that too, but . . .
  3. Teach my kids to cook, and sew (they've been asking for it). I think I'll start easy, with embroidery—most of the kids who want to sew might not be able to reach the sewing machine pedal. Hmm. I think I've just now thought my way around that problem. :-)
  4. And, my perennial goal: lose weight. I have 37 lbs. left to go—it was 48 last year, so I'm getting there slowly but surely. Actually I think I'd like to change that one to exercise more, because it's moving/working my body that makes me feel good—especially if I get to dance. :-) At any rate, I want to do something active for 30-60 minutes, three times a week. Maybe I'll get into a dance class—maybe belly dance, through community ed. Anyone want to join me? (Hunter High, Wed. 6-7 p.m, $45 for 8 classes.)

But today, and probably for the rest of the week, my first goal is to get my bedroom clean. I am Mrs. Tidy and Organized; Bruce is not Mr. Tidy and Organized. Add to that all the holiday happiness that just passed and my room is a complete wreck. Not exactly the peaceful, beautiful haven I'd like.

Is that my bedroom? Is that my bedroom?

And once the bedroom is clean I've got to tackle the laundry. In fact, I think I'll put Michael to work on that today. Can I make it his goal instead?

(On the subject of laundry, check out the poll in the sidebar.)

So there they are. My 2010 resolutions. Can she do it? For a whole year?

1 comment:

Ben and Tami said...

I like your resolutions. I think you can do it. Playing the piano everyday is one of mine too! No vacations and we will do it! ;)