Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas Projects!

I am so excited! I love to make and create things, and I've been doing just that for the last couple of months. I know I already mentioned that I was working on several projects for the holidays. I've finished the first one: A nativity set/puzzle. I made one for myself, one for my sister, one for my mom (who collects nativities) and one for a very dear friend. And since I already gave them out (so they could display them—and play with them this season) I will show you what they look like.



I'm still working on one very exciting project—at least I am excited about it; it's keeping my brain very busy. But it's a gift, so I can't tell about it yet. And I've got another gift 80% finished.

But today's excitement is for Christmas dresses! Looking through my fabric box I found a beautiful gold brocade and some black velvety stuff that go wonderfully together. So I measured them this morning and I have enough to make dresses for all three of my littlest girls. I am about to turn out some dresses that will look like I spent $50 to $75 each, but will only cost me . . . probably less than $15 to make all three! How's that for cool?

So, I'll have to post photos of my Christmas Belles when the dresses are done. I'm so excited!

2 comments:

Ben and Tami said...

Me too! I LOVE Christmas time!

Since I think you sew super fast I'll be checking your blog 5 times a day until I see dress pictures. So, hurry up!

I really like the nativity set you made too.

Stephanie said...

I am so excited to see the pictures. :) And I love your nativity sets. So Cute!